# What is a Climate?
Climate refers to average weather conditions over several years. For example, the climate in Portugal is cold in the winter and hot in the summer, while the climate in Hawai is warm and humid all year long. In contrast, Weather refers to a specific condition that happens (a thunderstorm, a snowstorm) over a period of hours or days.
- USGS science Climate and Land Use Change FAQ
- NASA Global Climate Change FAQ
- Environmental and Energy Study Institute FAQ
- EPA Climate Change FAQ
- NCA Climate Change FAQ
- The Nature Conservatory FAQ
- Climate.gov Global Warming FAQ
- planA Academy FAQ
- Michigan State University FAQ